Our library is a special library. The focus of the collection is the history of German evangelical church in the 19th and 20th century, especially
the evangelical church in the GDR
the oecoumenic movement
the christian peace movement
the struggle between German Christians and the Confessing Church 1933-1945 ("Kirchenkampf")
- the Protestant church in the former German terrorities
- the settlement movement
- the Society of Friends/Quakers
german Protestant parishes in foreign countries.
As a reference library its holdings may only be used in our reading room. Until 12 a.m. we accept orders for books which will be handed out at the same day. Copies from books may be made by the user himself, if the condition of the book allows it (0.20 Euro per copy).
The library is a closed stacks library. Open access is only permitted to a small part of its holdings, namely, a collection of reference works which are located in the reading room. All others are submitted by request.
Tel.: (030) 22 50 45 - 51
Fax: (030) 22 50 45 - 40